Video upload alternative | TROM as ally for The Zeitgeist Movement?

As you might know, it’s great to have a less restrictive and worrying publisher for the videos.
Youtube might be great, but nobody knows the Youtube’s algorithms, it’s all closed sourced.

What if a day will come when Youtube will simply decide to close down the TZM Youtube Channel, for one or another reason. Without a notice or a recovery or a backup, as usual.

After searching around the Instances on PeerTube I’ve found that TROM has already an instance setup.

I’m not sure if it’s worth uploading anything on their instance for now.
It’s better to contact them, if there will ever be a need.

This post is just to inform that they exist.

These are the filters I’ve applied to the PeerTube to find the Instance of TROM
https://joinpeertube.org/instances#instances-list

3 Likes

Trom social experiment had been around already 12 years. It is trade-free experiment. If you afraid of project close down- get involved.

2 Likes

This is indeed a real risk. I don’t fear a targeted attack on TZM, but takedowns do happen. PeerTube may indeed be a good additional broadcast platform. Once I get my Zeit-Talks thingy going I intend to also upload it to the Fediverse :slight_smile:

Feel free to mirror any TZM video that license-wise also allows it.

There is meanstv and liberapay instead of patreon. Also is TROM a movement? I thought it was just a video about science, like a more sciency Zeitgeist Movement movies.

There are a few people here from TROM, I don’t know if they see themselves as a movement or as an awareness project. Here’s their main website.

I’m close to publishing my video series Zeit-Talks soon and I also want to publish it to the Fediverse :nerd_face: From all the instances on PeerTube, the TROM one seems like a good pick.

However, I want to prevent any removal of videos and anything like that. On the PeerTube page proper content is defined as:

Attention: this instance is solely dedicated to science/technology/nature in English. Even the activism/education needs to fall into these categories. Anything else will be removed with a 1-2 weeks noticed. All accounts that look like spam-bots will be automatically removed.

Now, most episodes will be in English. Some may be in Dutch. So that’s a problem. The episodes will be about the TZM train of thought, so yes, science and technology play a key role. But it will also be about society and nature and more stuff along those lines. So I am not sure if this is going to be a good fit.

1 Like