RBE coop in Poland / Kooperatywa RBE w Polsce

Intro and thread rules - please read before posting

Attention: Until we figure the legal stuff out it’s “Koto-allied” coop. FYI

I find this forum better suited for the purpose than Discord or Koto telegram. Although I’m probably going to duplicate at least some if not all of the content posted here by me. I dedicate this particular thread for a new unit of Koto-type cooperative located in Poland. Since I want to conserve my resources I won’t create yet another colourful web page. You know - less talking, more doing as is TZM 2.0 motto.

I will be posting in English and translate it to Polish in case someone from different country intends to move here and wants to participate in a discussion and/or move into our community from abroad. Feel free to post just in Polish if your level of English writing is poor, but try to avoid that if you can, to be more inclusive.

Please read [https://seedsforchange.org.uk/shortconsensus.pdf](a short guide to collaborative decision-making) before you start contributing. This will make things a lot easier. Avoid just giving “likes”. Rather try and contribute in a meaningful way.

Wstęp i zasady wątku - przeczytaj zanim napiszesz

Uwaga: Zanim rozwiążemy kwestie prawne, nasza kooperatywa jest tylko “sprzymierzona z Koto”!

Uznałem, że to forum nadaje się lepiej dla naszych potrzeb niż Discord, albo główny telegram inicjatywy Koto, choć najprawdopodobniej i tak zduplikuję część postów tam i tutaj.
Dedykuję ten konkretny wątek dla nowej kooperatywy typu Koto zlokalizowanej w Polsce, bo nie ma sensu trwonić środków na kolejną kolorową stronkę, która niczego w temacie nie wniesie. Wiecie - mniej gadania, więcej działania, to nowe motto TZM 2.0.

Jak pewnie zauważyliście wrzucam info w dwóch językach, na wypadek jakby jakiś odważny obcokrajowiec chciał z nami zamieszkać i praktykować RBE w kraju nad Wisłą, albo chociaż pogadać i wymienić doświadczenia. Jeśli nie potraficie w angielski na tyle, żeby składnie pisać, to piszcie po polsku, ale starajcie się, jeśli umiecie, pisać w dwóch językach, żeby być bardziej inkluzywnymi.

Jak umiecie po angielsku, to przeczytajcie sobie [https://seedsforchange.org.uk/shortconsensus.pdf](a short guide to collaborative decision-making) zanim coś napiszecie. To pozwoli nam uniknąć wielu kłopotów i stresów. Jak nie to jest dłuższa książka dla dyplomatów, którą możecie sobie ściągnąć z mojego chomika tutaj pt. “Dochodząc do zgody” tutaj: Dokumenty - Baphometti - Chomikuj.pl. Po tej lekturze pogodzicie nawet psa z kotem. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Umowa dżentelmeńska jest taka, że unikamy dawania lajków, bo to nic nie wnosi i świadczy o lenistwie intelektualnym. Zamiast tego wysilamy się trochę i robimy coś konstruktywnego!

Excellent, I will follow this project with interest. :slight_smile: Looking forward to see the developments. However, this forum is scoped for the international audience. That translates into the policy that all posts and comments need to be in English. In case you want to discuss topics in your native language we recommend using your chapter’s resources. For @chapter_poland that’s a Facebook group.

The only category that allows posts in a native language is the #activism:reports subcategory, and then mainly for automated posts by @zeit-bot via RSS. This is to accommodate the TZM websites with blogs and such. And it allows us to easily automate the flow of information.

I by the way moved this topic from the #co-initiatives subcategory to the #activism:projects one. This is because the #co-initiatives category is about creating consensus within the movement, more info: About the Co-initiatives category

Because this is a project, it’s best to highlight some details such as your background in the context of this project, the timeline you have in mind with time boxed deliverables, resources you already arranged and which you still need, stuff like that. If you would’ve created this topic in the #activism:projects subcategory it would’ve showed you this template as well. Could you please update the topic (first comment here) with these details? That will people to get up to speed :slight_smile: Thanks! And good luck with the project :tada:

Sure. I needed an anchor now, because I have posted to different channels about it and didn’t want to leave people in absolute limbo in case someone wants to join early. I intend to do the gist of the above by tomorrow evening and in more detail as I have time and retrieve archived data. There’s a lot that happened in this project during the last 9 months of its development, and so I need some time to show how my team have already arrived at certain decisions and digitalize lots of relevant data, so that the rest can participate and feel informed. As for the polish translations - it’s a tricky part.

Because the project is indeed international. We might with some degree of probability have people - especially from Slavic and Baltic countries join our community at least temporarily, and also we have a lot of info to share with Finnish Koto project at the moment. On the other hand TZM-Poland chapter members often lack proper english comprehenshion level sufficient to participate with this kind of project. They won’t come here and I’ll have a mess putting it all together which partially defies the purpose of putting it all here. I mean: discord won’t do, because it’s wall works similar to facebook and facebook is evil beyond imagination and I want to get them off facebook asap. Also I don’t want to make another forum or webpage just for that purpose. When time comes we’ll make something if it’s necessary, but let’s not rush it. Way too many forums and webpages have already been created - not so many coops. :neutral_face:

What if those that don’t have proper english writing skills use google translate and then I correct them? Would that work enough?

Thanks for putting it in a proper category though. I don’t yet get them, but I’ll learn in time.

Przekonuję admina, żebyście mogli komentować po polsku, bo mu się to nie do końca podoba. Staram się wytargować tłumaczenia z translatorem google. :wink:

It’s of course fine to use Google Translate in case people don’t feel fully comfortable. The only thing we need to prevent is that we’ll create islands here based on language. The forum’s goal is to bridge the international chapters. A common language is key in that :slight_smile: But dual language posts (even if it’s just Google Translate) is acceptable when absolutely needed.

I also created the project tag #koto so you can group multiple posts/(sub)projects.

Just as a side note, Reddit is quite good as a free of cost hosted forum alternative.

1 Like

That would work out well enough. Just make a notice that it’s translated with a Google Translate and it might contain mistakes, misunderstandings that can be commented upon.
Also, that you welcome people with other native languages.

1. Translation notice example

This text been translated from Polish language using Google Translate.
Please comment about illogical translation or a mistake.

Translated text: English language

I find this forum better suited for the purpose than Discord or Koto telegram. Although I’m probably going to duplicate at least some if not all of the content posted here by me. I dedicate this particular thread for a new unit of Koto-type cooperative located in Poland. Since I want to conserve my resources I won’t create yet another colourful web page. You know - less talking, more doing as is TZM 2.0 motto.

I will be posting in English and translate it to Polish in case someone from different country intends to move here and wants to participate in a discussion and/or move into our community from abroad. Feel free to post just in Polish if your level of English writing is poor, but try to avoid that if you can, to be more inclusive.

Please read [https://seedsforchange.org.uk/shortconsensus.pdf](a short guide to collaborative decision-making) before you start contributing. This will make things a lot easier. Avoid just giving “likes”. Rather try and contribute in a meaningful way.

Markdown Source code
[details="Translated text: English language"]
This text will be hidden
[/details]

2. More advanced example with HTML markup

Press to see English Translation
Google Translated text, please comment about mistakes.

This text will be hidden

HTML Source:

## 2. More advanced example with HTML markup
<details>
  <summary>
    <b>Press to see English Translation</b> 
    <br><i>Google Translated text, please comment about mistakes.</i> 
  </summary>
  <blockquote> 
    <p>This text will be hidden</p>
  </blockquote>
  <hr>
</details>

These are only suggestive examples of using well supported HTML 5 details tag.
As Kees mentioned it’s better to have a more common language that is English.

1 Like
RBE coop Poland – Train of thought part 1 – Location.

When it comes to cooperative success I’ve heard they are like start-ups. Or any human endeavor for that matter. They need specific conditions to succeed and grow. Thankfuly we’ve had some example as to what has worked in the past and what hasn’t so we’ll stick with that examples. Please read https://aeon.co/essays/like-start-ups-most-intentional-communities-fail-why article, to know what I mean and as always feel free to contribute your own sources on that matter.

First important factor is location. We need location that works better for the purpose of NL-RBE communities that capitalist machine. Fortunately Poland offers such a perspective.

Due to its history Poland has uneven distrubution when it comes to agricultural households fragmentation. On the East peasants were allowed divide up their land amongs their heir, and so mostly we have there small, 5-hectare on average, pieces of land with houses and other agricultural buildings on them.

This means that they are too small to compete on the market individually, and locals are leaving this place en-masse. Even though this terrain is relatively clean and beautifil there is no tourist attraction to make up for it and make money from.

On the other hand they cannot easily sell land to someone else for several reasons. Firstly polish law forbids anyone without proper qualifications to posess land unless inherited. Secondly, huge landowners are frown upon by the authorities and since you need to have their approval to have land above 300ha they generally block them. Thirdly, even if it wasn’t the case, the small remote land on which there is a house is worth less for a large businessman, because of fragmentation and costs of logistics, than land without a house. On the other hand owners want more for the house – and rightfully so.

This situation looks totally different for NL-RBE communities looking to colonize the region. Both fragmentation, the law that promotes small farmers, low land prices, and people leaving area work in our favor. On these terms we can outcompete capitalists, because there is nothing worth competing for in their eyes.

The East has also more money from EU and government for investments and direct support. You essentially get 60% of your investment back if it’s in agriculture and you are a farmer younger than 40 within first 2 years of starting investing. That’s not the end, because initiatives in clean air, clean energy, self sufficiency, are also paid extra. It’s almost as if they tried to pay us to implement RBE.

Another factor is the water. Due to the effect of „dry belt” across the middle of the country we should either choose north-east or south-east where amount of rainwater / year is comparable.

North-east is a kind of a toursit attraction and land here is considerably more expensive, also, it’s by and large worse in quality, because of its glacial past. There is also issues with cyanobacteria which have recently year by year been poisoning aquifiers on the north and releasing increasing amounts of poisonous H2S. The problem is expected to increase. Last but not least the vegetation period on the north-east is shorter which excludes several more tropical plants on which we might need to rely on for food and energy. That said north-east ist out for now.

So we are left with south-east. Namely Lubelskie voivodeship, parts of which have the best soil types that you can dream of. It’s situated on a highland, which means water. I’ve been there to check out on some offers and take soil samples and it’s beautiful. The soil was of perfect average-sized clumps in texture, dark, moist and full of earthworms. All crops the neighpors were cultivating were the ones most demanding that would not grow properly or at all on worse soil types.

If you have read the source in the beginning of the text you might understand why I put so much stress on location alone. It’s the single most important thing to consider when starting a community.
Bad locations, with bad soil, with inappropriate places have detroyed communities, or stopped them from growing out. I think I’ve found a place where we could start safe and have the edge against the system and that’s why I’m so excited. I didn’t believe it to be possible before I tried.

So? Any thoughts so far?

Kooperatywa RBE w Polsce – sposób myślenia, część 1 – Lokalizacja

Jeżeli chodzi o sukces kooperatywy, to podobno jest tu jak ze startupem, albo dowolnym innym ludzkim przedsięwzięciem. Potrzebują konkretnych warunków, aby się rozwijać i wzrastać.
Na szczęście w przeszłości ktoś już napopełniał błędów, żebyśmy my nie musieli i w związku z tym prezentuję Wam https://aeon.co/essays/like-start-ups-most-intentional-communities-fail-why na które będę się w dalszej części powoływał. Postarajcie się z nim zapoznać – jest dość krótkie. Oczywiście jak macie własne źródła w temacie społeczności, to też tu wrzućcie, zwłaszcza jak są po polsku.

Pierwszą najważniejszą rzeczą jest lokalizacja. Potrzeba nam lokalizacji, która będzie działać lepiej dla celów społeczności NL-RBE niż dla karmienia kapitalistycznej machiny zagłady. Na szczęście Polska oferuje nam takie możliwości.

Jak wiecie z historii Polska pod zaborami była zarządzana nieco inaczej i na zachodzie, oraz w Prusach chłopom nie wolno było dzielić gospodarstw między swoich synów. Ale na wschodzie mogli i robili tak notorycznie, przez co mamy tam mnóstwo pofragmentowanych skrawków ziemi z domem i ew budynkami gospodarczymi, gdzie dominującym gospodarstwem jest takie ok 5ha.

Oznacza to ni mniej ni więcej, że na rynku konkurować nie mogą, a lokalsi wynoszą się stamtąd masowo z braku perspektyw na konsumpcję czy co tam sobie chcą. Pomimo, że wschód to relatywnie czyste i ładne tereny, to nie ma tam za bardzo atrakcji turystycznych, a więc i od kogo ciągnąć pieniędzy.

Z drugiej strony nie mogą też tak po prostu sobie tej ziemi sprzedać komuś innemu. Z kilku powodów. Po pierwsze prawo nie pozwala jej ot tak po prostu kupić – trzeba mieć do tego kwalifikacje. Po drugie, wielcy właściciele ziemscy są z jakiegoś powodu tępieni przez państwo polskie i jak masz powyżej 300ha, to nie ułatwiają Ci dalszej koncentracji ziemi w Twoich rękach. A zgodnie z ustawą powyżej tej ilości mogą Ci robić problemy, nakładać dodatkowe obowiązki do obowiązków, daniny, kontrole i w ogóle i w szczególe. I podobno robią to…
Po trzecie nawet jakby tego było mało, to pojawia się tu niemały konflikt interesów, bo małe, oddalone od siebie działeczki z domami są dla takich obszarników uciążliwe. Mają zdecydowanie mniejszą wartość niż czysty kawał ziemi gdzieś blisko, ze względów logistycznych. A właściciel chce, żeby mu jeszcze zapłacić ekstra za dom z budynkami gospodarczymi, które właściwie trzeba albo zabezpieczyć, albo najlepiej wyburzyć, a to dodatkowy koszt.

Dla społeczności NL-RBE, które chciałyby skolonizować region, to już jest zupełnie inna bajka. Zarówno pofragmentowanie, jak i prawo wspierające małych rolników, niskie ceny ziemi, oraz ludzie opuszczający ten teren działają na naszą korzyść. Na takich warunkach można przelicytować kapitalistów, bo nie sądzę, żeby w ogóle chcieli brać udział w takie licytacji.

Wschód dostaje też więcej środków z UE i programów rządowych na inwestycje i wsparcie bezpośrednie. Z grubsza dostaje się 60% zainwestowanych środków z powrotem, jeśli jest się młodym (do 40 lat) rolnikiem z niewielkim gospodarstwem w ciągu pierwszych dwóch lat inwestowania. Oczywiście to nie wszystko, bo programy ze środkami na czyste powietrze, czystą energię, przetwórstwo na miejscu itp. uniezależniające nas od systemu rzeczy są dotowane. To prawie jakby rząd próbował nam zapłacić za wprowadzenie RBE.

Innym czynnikiem jest woda. Ze względu na efekt „pasa suszy” przebiegającego przez całą centralną Polskę ze wschodu na zachód powinniśmy wybrać raczej północny wschód lub południowy wschód.

Północny wschód jest poniekąd atrakcją turystyczną przez tamtejsza ziemia jest znacznie droższa. Również sama ziemia jest często gorszej jakości, ze względu na przeszłość polodowcową, choć pewnie coś by się tam znalazło. Problemem są również sinice, które ostatnio rokrocznie zakwitają i zatruwają okoliczne akweny, przy okazji wydzielając siarkowodór. Problem ma się jeszcze nasilić. No i ostatni problem jest taki, że okres wegetacyjny jest tam zbyt krótki, żeby uprawiać wiele z istotnych dla nas roślin, które posłużą nam później jako energia, żywność i budulec. Dlatego wstępnie wykluczyłem północny wschód – przynajmniej jako miejsce na pierwszą lokalizację.

No i został nam południowy wschód. Dokładnie województwo Lubelskie, które po części ma najlepsze rodzaje ziemi o jakich można sobie pomarzyć. Jest usytuowane na wyżynie lubelskiej, co oznacza zadowalający opad. Byłem tam, żeby obejrzeć kilka ofert gospodarstw i pobrać próbki ziemi. Okolica była piękna. Ziemia była idealna o średniej wielkości gruzełkowatej strukturze, ciemnym kolorze, wilgotna i pełna dżdżownic. Sąsiedzi uprawiali wymagające odmiany, które nie urosłyby byle gdzie, tylko na najlepszych glebach.

Jeżeli przeczytaliście źródła na początku, to pewnie rozumiecie dlaczego tak bardzo duży nacisk kładę na samą tylko lokalizację. To jest najważniejsza decyzja jaka jest do podjęcia kiedy tworzy się taką społeczność. Złe lokalizacja, ze słabą ziemią, w nieodpowiednich miejscach, zniszczyły, lub zahamowały rozwój niejednej społeczności. Mam wrażenie, że znalazłem miejsce, gdzie moglibyśmy zacząć bezpieczni przynajmniej od tej strony i z pewną przewagą nad systemem i dlatego to dla mnie takie ekscytujące. Nie sądziłem, że to może być możliwe, dopóki nie spróbowałem się tego podjąć.

I jak? Jakieś przemyślenia?

RBE coop Poland – train of thought part 2 - motivations and requirements

Sorry for the delay – tl;dr my experiment with grain has been attacked be the weevil.

As for experiments. The setting for this project is an experimental one. By starting it we are in fact starting a new type of self-financing independent research facility.

That implies we must adhere to some basic standards of doing research. Mainly documenting our findings in a proper and regular way. I promised myself to maintain such a documentation regarding my own research on place and the community in general, and will strongly encourage everyone else to maintain at least some form of journal to document their findings, or to make fotos. You don’t need to be doing PhD. The issue here is that we need as much data on our successes as on failures so that the following units can learn from it – even from small things, like conflict resolution or dividing chores.

That also means you need to have some vision of what you want to do in a community. Not necessarily a strictly precise one, but I’ll be blunt here. There is no charity here… yet.
We’ll need power, determination, and resources to just get by on a daily basis. Yet we demand so much more!
NL-RBE is an utopian tech driven vision of the world – yet we live in the world which despite all its technology is about to encounter serious energy crunch and is scared about the future and largely out of ideas. We need to deliver on that vision, shining as an example for the others – offering some kind of small-scale distributed solution that would blend in with existing megastructures, using only what’s necessary to offer some kind of hope for a liveable tomorrow.

That is a job for determined people with vision and skills. Who are willing to sacrifice pretty much everything and leave behing petty squabbles over irrelevant egoistic stuff, to finally do something that matters.

Well, at least that’s my motivation. I’m selling everything I have, to found this unit regardless of whether anyone else is willing to participate or not. For me and my family it’s all in, because once you move to that place there is no turning back. No one will buy it back for reasons I’ve mentioned early. We are stuck there. But that’s ok. Just wanted to make it clear that we are determined and thought this through.

If you want to move in with us I want you to know that our funding is limited to say the least. We’ll try to arrange as much room as possible, but with limited resources first funds will be allocated for necessities – and with high material prices that won’t be adapting other buildings for liveable space yet. We’ll try to have as much land as feasible though, so that we can have around 10-20 people around food-wise if we aim for self-sufficiency. Anyway, if you want to join, especially permanently then additional funds will be more than welcome. If you have construction skills and could refurbish your own space, that would also be great.

Generally skilled people are welcome. Also unskilled, but quick to learn.

The deadline to start this project is this summer. Actually we are going to choose land in a month tops. By this winter we want to be living in the place and have the main building refurbished. Probably winter crops will have been sown. Throughout the winter we will be assembling DIY farming equipment from https://farmhack.org/tools.

Of course any help is welcome, and we can accomodate people that would come and go to realize their projects here not as permanent residents, but for some sort of vacation as well. It’s an experiment after all and in NL-RBE I expect many people to be vagabonds travelling between units and doing some stuff here and there. So feel welcome!

Kooperatywa RBE w Polsce – sposób myślenia część 2 – motywacja i wymagania

Darujcie opóźnienie – w skrócie mój eksperyment z ziarnem napadł wczoraj wieczorem wołek zbożowy. Ale do rzeczy:

Co do eksperymentu, to ten projekt istotnie podpada pod eksperyment. Zakładając nową jednostkę zakładamy w istocie coś w rodzaju niezależnej, samofinansującej się placówki badawczej.

To znaczy, że musimy trzymać pewne podstawowe standardy jeśli chodzi o badania. Chodzi mi tu głównie o odpowiednie prowadzenie dokumentacji. Obiecałem sobie, że będę trakową prowadził jeśli chodzi o moje własne projekty, oraz względem ogółu społeczności. Będę zachęcał też wszystkich do prowadzenia jakiegoś chociażby dziennika w którym dokumentowałby swoje postępy, albo dokumentacji fotograficznej. Nie chodzi o to, żeby robić doktorat, tylko, żebyśmy udokumentowali swoje porażki i sukcesy w miarę jak się rozwijają, aby inni mogli się z nich później czegoś nauczyć. Nawet z małych rzeczy, jak rozwiązywanie sporów, czy podział obowiązków.

To również oznacza, że powinnaś/powinieneś mieć wizję tego co chciałbyś/chciałabyś robić w społeczności. Niekoniecznie jakąś bardzo precyzyjną, ale będę brutalnie szczery. To nie jest – jeszcze – organizacja dobroczynna. Będziemy potrzebować mocy, determinacji i zasobów aby w ogóle dać sobie radę z dnia na dzień. A jednak przecież chcemy o wiele więcej!
Gospodarka oparta na zasobach i prawie naturalnym to utopijna wizja świata napędzanego technologią – a jednak żyjemy w świecie, który pomimo całej swej technologii właśnie napotyka na problem niedoborów energii, boi się przyszłości i skończyły mu się pomysły. Musimy spełnić tę wizję, świecąc przykładem dla innych zaoferować pewien rodzaj rozproszonych rozwiązań, które dopełnią istniejące molochy, używając tylko tego co konieczne, aby zaoferować innym nadzieję – jakąś znośną wizję jutra.

To zadanie dla zdeterminowanych ludzi z wizją i umiejętnościami. Takimi, którzy są gotowi poświęcić w zasadzie wszystko i zostawić za sobą małostki, kłótnie i nieistotne gry ego, aby w końcu zrobić coś co ma znaczenie.

Cóż, tak przynajmniej wygląda moja motywacja. Sprzedaję wszystko co mam, żeby stworzyć tę jednostkę bez względu na to, czy ktoś jeszcze weźmie w tym udział, czy nie. Dla mnie i mojej rodziny jest to więc bilet w jedną stronę, bo tak jak już wcześniej wspominałem – jak już się wprowadzisz w tamte strony, to nie ma jak się stamtąd wynieść. Utkniesz. Ale to w porządku. Po prostu chciałem, żeby było jasne, że jesteśmy zdeterminowani i wiemy co robimy.

Jeśli chciałbyś/chciałabyś się do nas wprowadzić, to wiedz, że nasze fundusze są lekko mówiąc ograniczone. Postaramy się zorganizować tyle miejsca ile się da, ale z ograniczonymi zasobami pierwsze fundusze zostaną użyte do rzeczy ważnych w danym momencie – a ponieważ materiały budowlane strasznie zdrożały i nie ma gwarancji, że ktokolwiek się zgłosi, to dodatkowa przestrzeń mieszkalna nie jest na szczycie listy. Spróbujemy jednakże kupić tyle ziemi ile zdołamy, żeby w razie potrzeby być w stanie wyżywić te 10-20 ludzi, które przypada na jedną jednostkę, bo potem ziemię gdzieś blisko ciężko się dokupuje. Tak, czy inaczej, jeśli chcesz do nas dołączyć, zwłaszcza na stałe, to dodatkowe środki będą bardzo mile widziane. Jeśli posiadasz umiejętności z zakresu budowlano-remontowego i potrafił/a/byś wyremontować swoją przestrzeń mieszkalną, to również byłoby super.

Ogólnie ludzi z umiejętnościami zapraszamy. Także ludzi, którzy szybko się uczą.

Terminem rozpoczęcia projektu są te wakacje. Ziemię będziemy wybierać ostatecznie za jakiś miesiąc. Do zimy powinniśmy już mieszkać w wykończonym budynku głównym i być może mieć posadzoną oziminę. Przez zimę będziemy składać sprzęt gospodarski DIY z [Search results | Farm Hack](tej strony).

Oczywiście każda pomoc się przyda i z chęcią ugościmy osoby, które wpadną na chwilę tylko po to, aby zrealizować jakiś projekt, ale nie zamierzają zostać permanentnymi rezydentami – np. wpadną do nas na wakacje. Jest to w końcu eksperyment i zakładamy, że w NL-RBE znajdą się włóczykije, którzy będą podróżować pomiędzy jednostkami i robić różne rzeczy tu i ówdzie. Także czujcie się zaproszeni!

RBE coop Poland – train of thought part 3 – resources, skills and ideas

I’ve mentioned early that we are going to be a kind of proof-of-concept research facility, but let me elaborate on that a little bit more in context of skills already possessed by those already involved in the coop and their respective fields of expertise.

For example, I talk much about agriculture, because I have just about got my second degree in agriculture. I also know a bit about coding and electronics, so my main area of interest will be producing software related to farming like this one, so that everyone can use it later, and trying to automate farming tasks so that they are less tedious – although I’m not a full blown automation scientist and could use help of someone more specialized. I also worked for a while in the area of machine learning and have secured both knowledge and resources to aid me in the field (powerful AI-training machine, controllers and some other electronics to get me started with pretty much anything).

One of my first automation projects will be to automate the super-lighweight tractor. This tractor will be object to many modifications. Namely because of its modularity and simple construction, and easy access to parts. Most probably we’ll have at least two different engines to experiment with different kinds of fuel which we’ll be trying to make on the place.

As I’m not qualified for the job it’s not my project, but a friends’ of mine who wants to visit us from time to time instead of taking permanent residence. He is an engineer specializing in heavy engines, with second degree in distilling (currently working in the field). As it’s legally possible to create home distilleries upon registration and paying small fee, this will be his project, operated only when he is around to give directions, in separate, remote, locked and vented building designed specially for purpose of experiments on fuel. We are going to experiment on a variety of fuel mixtures that can be obtained from local produce and safely used in normal engines.

My wife is also an engineer with two degrees which legally enable her to make sanitation (and not only) projects. That includes all piping and complete sewage treatment plants, and she’s got some experience with that. Also she can draw pretty much anything with CAD. Guess what is her project… Yeah. We need our nutrients and water flowing in as closed loop as possible without getting sick, and with authorities approving of it. Times as many units as there will be around.

That’s more ambitious than you’d think – especially with limited budget.

That’s just a few examples just to give you an idea of what we are trying to accomplish, and what a contribution, or a project might look like. I’m sure you have your own ideas. In the beginning we’d be more than grateful for help in the existing essential projects. Like farmhacks tools assembly (I’ve no idea how to use welding machine and the best ones require welding) or work on refurbishment (here I have some experience as me and my friend both have spent some time on construction).

If you want to think big, think biogas plant. This would be an awesome project that would make local chapter instantaneously popular among locals. Not only it makes essentially free electricity (as a byproduct od fermentation, so we catch what would normally be wasted) but also makes up to twice as more powerful fertilizers. The dowside is that you need a technician in the field of biogas fermentation and there aren’t many (they are currently being trained, but that takes time) and the investment is quite costly. Anyway. Just food for thought.

Kooperatywa RBE w Polsce – sposób myślenia 3 – zasoby, umiejętności i pomysły

Wspomniałem już wcześniej, że zamierzamy być czymś w rodzaju polowej placówki badawczej, ale pozwolę sobie jeszcze o tym pomówić w kontekście umiejętności, które już w tej chwili posiadają osoby już zaangażowane w kooperatywę i odpowiadających im obszarów.

Ja na przykład sporo mówię o rolnictwie, ponieważ za chwilę kończę drugie studia na tym kierunku. Wiem też co nieco o kodowaniu i elektronice, więc moim głównym obszarem zainteresowań będzie produkcja oprogramowania związanego z uprawą, taka jak to, aby wszyscy mogli z niego łatwo korzystać. Będę też podejmował próby automatyzacji co bardziej uciążliwych prac – nie będąc jednak zawodowym automatykiem zawsze chętnie przyjmę pomocną dłoń kogoś bardziej doświadczonego. Przez jakiś czas pracowałem w obszarze uczenia maszynowego i zabezpieczyłem dla tego projektu trochę wiedzy i zasobów (komputer do szkolenia SI, kontrolery i inną elektronikę, żeby móc szybko wejść w dowolny projekt).

Jednym z pierwszych projektów automatyzacji mógłby być super-lekki ciągnik. Ten ciągnik zresztą będzie podlegał ostatecznie wielu modyfikacjom. Głównie ze względu na swoja modułową budowę, prostą konstrukcję i łatwą dostępność części. Najprawdopodobniej będziemy do niego mieli przynajmniej dwa różne silniki, aby móc eksperymentować z różnymi rodzajami paliw, które zamierzamy spróbować stworzyć na miejscu.

Ponieważ nie posiadam do tego odpowiednich kwalifikacji nie jest to projekt mój, ale mojego dobrego znajomego, który chciałby nam pomóc i zmienić coś w świecie na lepsze, ale niekoniecznie po drodze jest mu na stałe z nami mieszkać. Jest on z wykształcenia inżynierem specjalizującym się w ciężkich silnikach, zaś drugie studia ukończył z gorzelnictwa. (i teraz pracuje właśnie w gorzelnictwie). Ponieważ jest legalnie możliwym tworzenie małych gorzelni pod warunkiem ich rejestracji i wniesienia relatywnie niewielkich opłat, to ten projekt będzie prowadzony wyłącznie pod jego kierownictwem w oddzielnym, oddalonym od innych, zamkniętym, wentylowanym budynku specjalnie zaprojektowanym do celu przeprowadzania eksperymentów z paliwem w mikroskali. Będziemy eksperymentować z różnorodnymi mieszankami paliwowymi, które można uzyskać na miejscu, a które będą bezpieczne do użycia w normalnym silniku.

Moja żona jest również inżynierem o specjalizacjach, które umożliwiają jej legalne projektowanie instalacji sanitarnych (i nie tylko). Mówimy tu nie tylko o rurach, ale przede wszystkich o oczyszczalniach ścieków – i ma w tym pewne doświadczenie. Poza tym jest w stanie wyrysować prawie wszystko w CAD-zie. Jej zadaniem jest takie zaprojektowanie instalacji, żebyśmy mogli puścić wodę i rozpuszczone w niej składniki odżywcze w możliwie zamknięty obieg tak, żebyśmy się tym nie potruli i żeby zostało to dopuszczone do użytku. No i żeby było to w miarę uniwersalne, bo zakładamy, że będzie nas więcej. To bardziej ambitne niż myślicie – zwłaszcza przy ograniczonym budżecie.

To tylko kilka przykładów aby pokazać wam co próbujemy osiągnąć i w jaki sposób możecie dorzucić swoje trzy grosze. Na pewno macie swoje pomysły. Zwłaszcza na początku potrzebna będzie pomoc z zakresu prac remontowo-budowlanych i montażowych (na czym ja i znajomy trochę się znamy) przy remoncie budynku głównego, oraz pomoc przy budowie maszyn z farmhacks – zwłaszcza przy spawaniu, o czym nie mam zielonego pojęcia.

Jeśli checie się wziąć za bary z jakimś dużym projektem, to polecam biogazownię. To byłby projekt, który natychmiast dałby dużo punktów lokalnemu chapterowi wśród lokalnej ludności. Nie tylko daje darmową energię (jako produkt uboczny fermentacji – normalnie by się zmarnowała), to jeszcze dostarcza nawet do 2x potężniejszego nawozu. Minus jest taki, że potrzeba technika w dziedzinie produkcji biogazu, a w tej chwili nie ma ich zbyt wielu w Polsce (ale się szkolą, tylko trzeba jeszcze chwilę poczekać) i inwestycja jest dość droga. Tak czy inaczej daje do myślenia.

Update 12.07.2021 - locations found!

We have found two locations (ranches) that would satisfy our needs (will sustain at least 10-12 people) with appropriate price. One is closer to the city, has better land, but a bit less of it and the terrain is wavy. It also requires a bit more work when it comes to sanitation.
The other one has a bit worse land and is more remote location, but has better access to water ans the land is flat which means it’s way better suited for orchards. It also requires more work in terms of rooftop refurbishment. We will apply for permit to buy both and a third smaller one, but cheaper as a backup plan in case the two go south.

Aktualizacja 12.07.2012 - Znaleźliśmy lokalizacje!

Znaleźliśmy dwie lokalizacje (“rancza”), które zaspokoją nasze potrzeby (tj. utrzymają minimum 10-12 osób) za odpowiednią cenę.
Jedno z nich jest bliżej miasta, ma ziemię lepszej klasy, ale jest jej nieco mniej i teren jest pofalowany. Wymaga też nieco więcej pracy jeśli chodzi o kanalizację.
Druga ma więcej ziemi niższej klasy, ale teren jest płaski i jest dobry dostęp do wody, co powoduje, że ta okolica lepiej nadaje się na sad. Dachy wymagają tutaj także więcej pracy.
Poprosimy o pozwolenie na kupno tych dwóch działek, jak również trzeciej, mniejszej i tańszej, tak na wszelki wypadek.

2 Likes