Photos for the Commons

This project is about raising awareness about our goal of making the commons grow. The commons is a way to refer to shared resources that are collectively managed. One way to describe the goal of TZM is for the whole world to become a commons, all resources be common heritage of all the world’s people. The more this goal is reminded and known by everyone the faster we will go towards it.

Having a symbol to show support for a goal makes it easy to show support for the goal. After years of trying out different symbols we have found that the sign language C is a good symbol to represent support for the Commons. Now we just have to get enough people and hopefully celebrities to use this symbol so as for it to be recognized world wide. That is what Project Photos for the Commons is about.

The plan is for us to collect and share photos of ourselves and others doing the sign language C and sharing them on social media with the hastag InvestInTheCommons . The different ways we can participate in this project are:

1. Taking an uploading a photo of us and people we know/meet.
  2. Introducing the project to other people and groups and asking them to participate.
  3. Introducing the project to celebrities and asking them to participate.

This thread is for us to share photos and talk about our progress, experiences, complications and ask for help.

2 Likes

Hi Mark, have you already made some of these pictures? Please feel free to share them here. It might inspire others to do the same.

One suggestion though, to make it more clear what the C hand sign means, it would maybe be a good idea to create a template that people can use as an overlay for their photos. That overlay then explains the hand sign and perhaps gives a link to the project for more info. Otherwise people might not relate it to what you’re trying to promote.

People might think it’s a gang sign or popular trend they missed out on, things like that. With that overlay in the style of the Facebook profile picture frames this confusion is taken away for sure :slight_smile:

Here is a webpage describing the project. It has an image that can be used to promote the project. It also has a text that can be used to promote the project. There are also some pictures already.
https://changingtheworldiseasy.com/initiatives/project-photos-for-the-commons/

I have been sharing the image and the text on dozens of twitter posts. I succeeded in convincing Michel Bauwens founder the P2P foundation to promote the project multiple times both in facebook and on twitter. I also took fotos of all my guests to my 40th birthday party.

1 Like

Cool! Thanks for the update. Please consider to share an update every now and then, especially the highlights. The goal of the forum is to provide a central overview of Activism :slight_smile: The little stuff that’s done isn’t recorded. If we do, we may inspire more people and show the world we’re still here.

Because the owner of this forum refuses to collaborate, the project has been moved here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TZM/comments/qaof8a/project_photos_for_the_commons/

This is not true Mark, why do you repeat this?

Check the comment I already left on another of your projects (see below). It’s fine to continue this project somewhere else. Thanks for leaving the link here so people can keep track of progress.

In what ways do you need collaboration, what exactly did he refused.

He wants to include a certain communication method into a doc which is about how people may use the forum for project management. I explained him that the topic isn’t about that, so I won’t include it. I also suggested to him via Discord that he can always create his own thread to promote that comm method. But he went full on the offensive, putting words in my mouth I didn’t say and tries to portray me as the worst type of person that blocks collaboration. If he simply creates a topic, then it has its own title and people will be able to find the information much easier.

The request of Mark and my replies can be found here below. @BoQsc you’re a long time user here on the forum and helped shape the culture and forum. What’s your objective view on this?

https://tzm.one/t/project-management-on-the-forum/1760/4?u=kees

This is not a trajectory I had a good experience with, I’ve looked at Linux Gnome Project, Debian Project and they all had this kind of closed ring of people that are unreachable and does feel like some of them try hard to simulate activity just for the shake of doing that, not really doing any meaningful thing, I mean there is no need to force such things as meeting or activity, things happen as they can happen, not because of some artificial rule.

And besides we have TZM Defined, which I feel is not really onto such things.
Just a though from a random person that reads TZM things daily. I’m really not seeing where and what Kees did wrong after giving a quick glance over all this. I’m really just seeing Mark running around and trying to enforce something in an aggressive way, throwing around some references to symbols and groupism, but I might be completely wrong.

If you want something in the docs, let the submission process be at least gradual.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.