Open-source software to use

Introduction

This is a community wiki post, everyone with trust level 1 or higher can contribute here with new content. Please only add open-source software to the list. Also have a look at this and this overview of open-source alternatives.

Text

:memo: Text editors

:man_technologist: Software hosting

Media

:framed_picture: Image and Graphics Editors

:film_strip: Video editors

:musical_score: Music Production

:diya_lamp: Social Media

• Mastodon Follow friends and discover new ones.

:ear_of_rice: Agriculture

2 Likes

@BoQsc you may maintain a list here with anyone else that has trust level 1 or higher :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gitlab is open source as well :slight_smile: You can self host it, or use their cloud version, which you have to pay for to get premium features. But with the self hosted one you get these features as well.

That’s true, I’m not sure how I should change it (the sentence).

is similar to GitLab and unlike GitHub: is Open Source and Free.

Is that well enough.

GitLab Enterprise license

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/blob/master/ee/LICENSE

GitLab Global License

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/blob/master/LICENSE

Ah okay, yeah I read it like both are closed source. Only GitHub is closed source of those 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can edit the top post :wink: This is a wiki topic. So everyone with a sufficient trust level may edit it. If everything is listed in the top post, then people don’t have to search and scroll for info, it’s all just there. We can use the thread to discuss the content and suggestions. I highly recommend that for any topic that wants to provide an overview of information. I would also suggest that for your #koto project. Now things start to fragment in the thread. It’s best to improve the top post. When you edit it, it will appear again in the latest overview, just like with a reply :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We all know which text editor is the best! :lying_face:

We all know it’s nano! :clown_face:

2 Likes

Mastodon is indeed awesome.

1 Like