How is the transition towards a resource based economy handled?

How is the transition handled and how do you expect to open peoples eyes to this fact?

2 Likes

I do that by trying to learn and understand Market Economics.
Then you go and look up all the resources and definitions on Natural Law Resource Based Economy.
The rest of the transition is history and logic you can come up with in regards of current situation.

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum! I took the liberty to improve the topic title and your post a bit. Please try to make descriptive topic titles and posts, this will help guide the conversation you’re aiming for. It will also help people to find this topic in the future.

My take on this is to focus locally. Get an overview of what’s already going on in your city/state/province/country and try to surf on that wave of transition. Transitions are hard until they’re not. It may take a while before something goes mainstream. So by focusing on what’s already a popular idea and moves us toward a resource based economy will make it easier. Also manage your expectations. Some people lose interest because things don’t go fast enough. Plan in the short-term and make your ideas SMART.

An example of things in my local area (not all, just the ones I took a picture of):

Once you have an overview of what’s going on in your area you should focus on establishing a group of like-minded people. Preferably people engaged with TZM, which is what we call a chapter. It may also be just a bunch of people that advocate the same ideas and principles. But a local group is important. It helps to keep the idea active, work on projects, communicate the ideas, get feedback and increase your impact. Forming an online group may work fine as well, but then you’re highly dependable on effective online tooling and people willing to use them optimally.

From there you can go about in a few phases.

1. Information phase - Get familiar with the train of thought and organize your chapter by setting up a website/social-media page to facilitate meetings and general communication with each other and an audience. This website/social-media page should also function as you knowledge base, basically the information about your chapter and about the movement itself in your native language.
  2. Project phase - Start short-term projects based on the existing knowledge, time and expertise within your chapter. This may be just a promotion campaign by creating videos, flyers, stickers and online activism.
  3. Project 2.0 phase - Once your chapter has gained more experience and you became well versed in explaining the train of thought to critical minded people and your chapter manages to work together and not just come up with ideas, but also execute them, you may step it up a notch. Connect with organizations, present our ideas. Start larger projects to attract attention, this may be engineering projects such as hydroponics, 3D printing or literature studies to showcase what’s possible. These don’t have to be fully production-ready setups that will take care of yourself or a community. It’s enough to just show what’s possible and iterate on that on a hypothetical level. Having these conversations will open up our cultural zeitgeist for this transition.