Global chapters & introduce yourself đź‘‹

Global TZM chapters map

The map below lists all active chapters of The Zeitgeist Movement (TZM). This unofficial map is maintained by the community and is part of the Support infrastructure of this forum.

Introduce yourself!

Reply in this thread and specify the following so we may also add you to the map:

• Define the scope of your chapter: local (e.g. a city or university campus), regional (e.g. a state or province), or national.
  • Provide a website or social-media page where people can contact you and keep track of your activities.
  • Request your forum group name (chapter) here if it isn’t listed yet. Otherwise, you can add yourself to an existing forum group.
  • Maybe tell a little bit about yourself. What are your TZM highlights? What is your activism routine?
  • Or simply say hi! :wave:

Start a new chapter?

Please read the guide below to find out how you can start a chapter. Of course, if you have any questions, you’re welcome to create a new thread in Support and we’ll try our best to answer them.

4 Likes

@Exel, @DiegoJujuy, @Akazamen in case you want to have your chapter listed here, then please let me know. The details to get this arranged are described in the top post. @Serf is already setup, since we’re part of the same chapter :slight_smile:

The extra benefit is that you can also request a forum group. This will help with communication and collaboration. Your chapter name will also appear as flair on your profile picture, like Serf and I have as well. That way other people will also be able to recognize the diversity and locality of TZM.

1 Like

@ZeitgeistMalaysia in addition to the forum group, I also added your chapter on our map.

1 Like

Hi @ArjangJameh, welcome to the forum!

What are the next steps?

If you could please leave your chapter details here, then I’ll add it to the map, this might help your chapter grow over time and strengthen your local community.

Other than that, in order to help the forum grow, I would suggest to invite a few more people over here. And of course, perhaps you can post some of your videos in Videos? Your content is really great and to have you here is a great addition. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I don’t have the energy to start a new chapter, but if a chapter starts up in New York (which I would think likely), please let me know.

3 Likes

I’m not sure, but I believe @ArjangJameh is also from New York. In any case I created the group @chapter_new_york. I will keep an eye out for other people from New York, but if you add yourself to @chapter_new_york, then people will be able to contact/notify you via there as well.

I also noticed a chapter website for New York: http://www.tzmnyc.com/

I sent an email to them and informed them about this forum and the chapter map.

2 Likes

Hi Kees. Thank you for your efforts. :smiley: I live in Argentina. While the idea is to go beyond the old country organization, The Spanish Speakers Meta-Chapter tries to include all members from countries that speak Spanish as their primary language. These are: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, Uruguay, Venezuela.

4 Likes

Maybe a new tag for the Meta-Chapters can be created, kind of like a hierarchy tree that can also be represented on the map.

3 Likes

Hello, this is Arjang, and yes I am an active TZM member in NYC.

If you have anything you would like me to do, let me know. Thank you

2 Likes

Hi Diego and @Marcos_Cueva ! Thanks for your replies.

The local nature of chapters makes it possible to break out of the online world and build local friendships and long lasting activism. I hope therefore the importance of local chapters won’t be forgotten in a meta setup :slightly_smiling_face: With that said I can of course create this extra group for the Spanish speaking meta chapter! :nerd_face:

What name would you like to give it? meta-chapter-spanish? This forum group detail can then be added to all the active countries on the map.

2 Likes

Awesome! Keep doing what you do is all I can ask for :slight_smile: I added you and @lnegrin to the @chapter_new_york group. That way people might be able to find and contact you. This may help to do local activism or just build TZM friendships. Thanks for being here.

1 Like

Here Organization Spanish Speakers Meta-Chapter - Movimiento Zeitgeist we call it Spanish Speakers Meta-Chapter, since “meta-chapter-spanish” could be misunderstood as something that is located only in Spain.

In that link the structure that we are implementing is explained. The idea of course is not to put aside local activism, but rather that it would be carried out by Local Event Teams with the collaboration of the other teams.

2 Likes

That’s great! Anyone that signs-up from that list you provided will then have the 2 groups (chapter and meta-chapter) listed on that map. When those people sign-up here as well. I prefer to have the map represent the users on this forum.

That name you gave me is unfortunately too long. Group names have to be less than 20 characters here on Discourse. This is a software limit. :frowning:

1 Like

The “full name” of the group has no 20 character limit. So there we can put your suggested name with spaces between the words. And as name, which people will use to tag the group, may then e.g. be my suggested name. Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my view there’s no problem. Another option is “meta-chapter-hispanic”.

So, the map shows individuals, not chapters? How do I place myself correctly? I mean geographically.

Nevermind. I missunderstood your coment :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s 21 characters :slight_smile:

I created @metachapter_hispanic, so without a dash between meta and chapter. Please let me know if that’s alright.

2 Likes

The Zeitgeist Movement Lithuania from Facebook here.
I’m not sure if there is anyone more active besides me.
That’s the only detail.

Scope of the Chapter: National

Forum Group Name: Chapter Lithuania

2 Likes

Awesome! Welcome to the forum. @Ramunas_Bruzas is also from Lithuania by the way :slight_smile: I created a map entry and a forum group for @chapter_lithuania

You may use that to tag the whole chapter or start group chats. You may also tag topics with your country tag: TZM Forum

If you need any more info, let me know. Please also check the docs: Docs - TZM Forum

2 Likes