Global chapters & introduce yourself 👋

That’s great Kees. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Milana_Veselinovic, your chapter group has now been created on the forum and is added to the map! :slight_smile: Please invite more people from your chapter to this forum. We’re starting to grow towards a true worldwide TZM community.

1 Like

Hi there. As far as I’m concerned I’m all that remains of TZM Poland (Warsaw). I’m in control of TZM Poland YouTube channel. Ever since “Earth 2.0” association has fallen I’m working on the off-grid self-sufficient community alone. If anyone cares to join me before capitalism collapses please don’t hesitate to contact me. Cheers!

3 Likes

Thanks for joining! Do you have a website or social-media page you would specifically link to? Then I’ll add that to the map so that people may be able to find you :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. I’ll make one if there is a need to (people I’ve recently talked to have really lost spirit and no longer see a point to it), and once I’m finished with my current project (ecological crop rotation program). Form now I’ve only got the channel Zeitgeist Movement Polska - YouTube, and email: jakub.kozdrowicz@gmail.com. I avoid social media for well-known reasons (they are evil by design and have burnt-out lots of my friends).

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll add you to the map and I’ll give you a forum group. It’s best to remove your email address in your post. People can send you a PM and then you’ll get a message as well :slight_smile: This avoids spam for you because now web crawlers might find your email and then spam you.

1 Like
1 Like

შემომიერთდით !!! ეხლა მარტო ვარ მაგრმა მჯერა საერთო სიმართლისთვის გავერთიანდებით

Translation: “Join me!!! I am alone now but I believe we will unite for the common truth”

3 Likes

Hi @Mandalorian, and welcome to the forum! I moved your topic from Uncategorized to this thread which is about introduction and connecting with other people, including people in your local area.

Please keep in mind to always post in English on this forum :slight_smile: This is to make sure we all understand each other and we do not create islands here based on language barriers.

Please read the top of this thread to learn more about creating a forum group here for your chapter and about requesting a map entry on the global chapters map. When you provide the necessary details (explained in the top post), we’ll be able to create these things for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi friends!
This is João aka Steve Tess from the Portuguese chapter. We are definitely a national chapter on a small nation of about no more than 20 (estimated) active TZM advocates. We do have regional sub-chapters to help promoting whatever happens on a local level.

You can say our main website is the facebook page: Movimento Zeitgeist em Portugal
We also have the facebook group page for global discussions: Redirecting...
And facebook group pages for regional sub-chapters. These can also be linked if needed.

I’m still learning how to do things in this forum, so let me know what I have to do to open a chapter section for Portugal or how that works.

So I’m a 43 single dude boycotting the monetary and market system working in my own veggie gardens as a way of sustaining myself.
Joined the TZM in late 2011 after watching the Zeitgeist trilogy for the first time. I now realize that by that time the TZM had already reached its peak in global exposure.

My activism consists mostly of social media content posting as I’m managing the facebook page and the twitter account. @TZM_Portugal

4 Likes

Hi @SteveTess, welcome to the forum!

I created the forum group @chapter_portugal for you and added you to it. Anyone can join that group as well. I also created the country tag pt which you may use to tag topics for your country so people can keep track of your activities :slight_smile:

I also added your chapter to our map :tada:

Please ask your fellow chapter members to join here as well. The more people sign up, the more useful the forum will become.

2 Likes

I have been trying to start a new chapter from the website form itself but I never get a response back. I googled chapters in Michigan, but it looks like they died out a long time ago. I would like to start a chapter for SE Michigan as it seems there’s very little presence of TZM in the Midwest or the rust belt in general. Now I’m thinking of just setting up a chapter on my own by creating the group page on various social media outlets (facebook, twitter, etc). Any thoughts on this?

3 Likes

Hi @BobSacamano and welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: To which form are your referring to? Do you have a URL?

Starting from scratch is indeed the way forward when an existing chapter is not responding. Are you able to post on the old chapter’s social media pages/groups? Because that would be great to inform other people to join your newly created social media page/group.

Perhaps @Quinn_Webb and @bjk know some people from the us to get in contact with the old chapter. If not, then it’s totally fine to start a new one.

Please let us know when you created this new chapter by answering the questions form the top post in this thread, then we’ll create a forum group for you and add your chapter to the map :slight_smile:

1 Like

The form I am referring to is found here: https://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/chapter/ . I’ve done the form twice and there’s never been any response back. I did a google search and found what looks like a SE Michigan chapter (http://semi.zeitmi.com/) but the server doesn’t work so it’s probably dead. There is a MidMich chapter on Facebook that looks to be active and up to date. At this point, it looks like starting from scratch on Facebook is the best bet for creating a SE Michigan chapter.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I asked about this form a few months as well. It’s something that was never fully finalized. @kublermdk could you please disable these pages and remove links to it?

It indeed seems best to start from scratch. Let me know when you’ve created the Facebook page/group. Then I’ll create a forum group which then links to your Facebook page/group and add your chapter to the map.

2 Likes

In that case, I will officially start my SE Michigan chapter Facebook page on June 1st. I’d probably wait later to start other social media pages for it since I have no idea how many people will join. That’s the hard part: letting people know that it’s there and getting local people to join.

2 Likes

OK, https://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/chapter/ now redirects to this page.

Although I’ll point out that Cliff did a bunch of work a couple of years ago on the now defunct GCT site and that is probably still the largest source of mostly up-to-date chapter data which would be worth reviewing and bringing some of it into this TZM Chapters map.

https://gct.zeitgeist-info.com/#one

3 Likes

Awesome! I’m familiar with his map and it looks great. But I want something that’s kept up to date by the community itself. Many of these entries (if not all) on the map don’t have a link to the chapter pages and thus doesn’t give much help to really find and contact a chapter to get involved.

When people ask for a chapter entry here they will get a forum group and a URL listed in that group for their own maintained website/social media page. That way people may be contacted by (a group) email directly since the forum has their email address or they may be contacted via their own chapter resources listed in that group. And when we have more active admins here, we can make sure there is always someone to pick up the requests in this thread :slight_smile: Which so far is no problem to maintain by myself, but help is always welcome.

But if people don’t speak up here, I assume their chapter is not active or interested in TZM anymore. Having a lot of dots on the map which are actually inactive chapters would give a false representation. So far the only empty chapters are @chapter_finland and @chapter_australia. I thought people would join from those chapters because I thought they were active. But if it remains inactive I will remove the groups until someone requests a listing here in this thread. But that won’t be soon, perhaps in a couple of months.

1 Like

I would like to announce I have officially started the Facebook page for the SE Michigan chapter. The site can be found here: Redirecting.... It’s fresh off the press, so be patient with it’s development. Now I need to know how I get the site connected with other chapters and get other people aware that the chapter is available. It looks like that will be the hardest part.

4 Likes