Get student help with solving your social enterprise’s challenges

Would you like to team up with driven students that are working on how new economies and social entrepreneurship can help to solve environmental/social challenges like climate change or inequality? The minor ‘New Economic Thinking & Social Entrepreneurship’ by DRIFT and Impact Centre Erasmus (ICE) is starting in September again, and we are still looking for transformative social entrepreneurs and sustainability start-ups that would like to involve students in solving their challenges. Registration closes Monday 26 July!

Wanted: transformative social entrepreneurs and sustainability start-ups!
Do you run a social enterprise and are you struggling with questions like: How can my business model have (transformative) impact? What role can my business play in current sustainability or social challenges? What social value can my enterprise create? And how do I position my business as a radical innovator? Then we are looking for you to get involved in our minor ‘New Economic Thinking & Social Entrepreneurship’.

Bringing students, sustainability start-ups and social entrepreneurs together
During this minor, which runs from September 2021 to November 2021, students work in groups of 3-5 on a challenge brought in by social and/or impact-driven enterprises. The student groups will help your organization address the sustainability, impact or business-proposition challenges it is facing. Taking a critical transition and impact perspective, students will look for a solution to the challenges posed while applying their (new) knowledge. The course culminates in a pitch event joining everyone involved in the minor.

How to get involved
Please fill out this form before 26 July 2021:

You will hear whether your case is selected no later than 30 July 2021. Selected social enterprises will be asked to make a 2-minute video about their social enterprise and their main question to be addressed by the students.

What do you bring to the table?
For participating, social entrepreneurs should:
• Demonstrate motivation and curiosity to collaborate with an enthusiastic group of students;
• Share your experience, knowledge and network;
• Commit to meet (in person or online) every 2 weeks with the group of students from September 10th to November 5th
• Available to participate in an online or in person event on September 10th and November 5th

What we provide
• Support in addressing a challenge that you are currently facing;
• Inspiration through the inputs and support of a group of students;
• Access to materials and resources such as on sustainability transitions, system thinking and impact measurement;
• Networking opportunity with other social enterprises contributing to sustainable and just transitions.

About the minor
New Economic Thinking & Social Entrepreneurship lets students from Erasmus University Rotterdam and other universities in disciplines like economics, business strategy, law or medicine explore new economic futures. They do this by critically engaging with academic debates around societal transitions, impact and social entrepreneurship. Course-takers are encouraged to reflect on the propositions and limitations of alternative economic models and to be part of an innovative and collaborative learning environment.

The course will be organized in a hybrid format with online classes being offline available for students that are not able or allowed to travel to the university.

See here for more info on the minor.

For questions related to your application please contact Giorgia Silvestri (silvestri@drift.eur.nl) or Stephanie Koolen-Maas (s.a.maas@rsm.nl).

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://drift.eur.nl/get-student-help-with-solving-your-social-enterprises-challenges/
1 Like